Putting your natural hair in a bun when it’s not in braids or a twist out is properly the easiest thing to do. But that tight bun wrecks havoc on your edges, not to talk about the headache you have to endure when your hair band is too tight, but won’t hold your hair properly if you only wrap it around twice.
Instead of the high bun, here are 8 incredibly easy and cute ways to style your natural hair.
- In a braided crown
- You could also try a frohawk. If you are feeling adventurous you could shave the sides of your head to get the look, if not you could just use bobby pins to hold it down.
- Tuck it round, using bobby pins to secure it as you do.
- Rock your fro. Sometimes just wash condition and go, let your afro flourish.
- You can’t go wrong with a Janelle Monae inspired pompadour.
- A quick twisted up-do.
- Plait a french braid round for a braided up do.
- But if you are having a bad hair day, and all of the above just doesn’t work out, you could always go with a scarf or turban.