International model and television host, Idia Aisien has hosted The Mega Millions Lottery on Silverbird TV, You Got Issues, Rock the Runway and Style 101 (Africa’s answer to ‘Fashion Police’) all on SpiceTV. Despite her growing list of gigs, we get the feeling there is so much more about her that fans are yet to know.
Here are five important facts about Idia Aisien we think you should know:
- Idia Aisien was born in 1991 to a Nigerian Champagne, Wine and Spirits magnate father and a Cameroonian Jeweler and philanthropist mother. As a child, Idia and her sisters would often visit an orphanage for disabled children and spend their birthdays with them.
- She got signed to Beth Models; the mother agency to such international top models as Mayowa Nicholas, Davidson Obennebo and Victor Ndigwe. That same year, she booked her first modeling job at the UNICEF Charity Fashion Show. She was only 15 at the time.
- Idia put her modelling career on hold for a few years to get a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism with a minor in Business Administration from American University in Washington D.C and a Master’s Degree in International Public Relations and Global Corporate Communications from New York University (NYU).
- Idia has worked for Discovery Communications, Fox5 News, The AARP Foundation and the Foreign Policy Initiative. She has also worked for the United Nations and had a successful Atlas Mara career in Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions at in New York, a financial firm that owns an impressive number of commercial banks across Africa.
- As a model, Idia has shot a commercial for LAN Airlines and worked on campaigns for BMW, Black Opal, Nivea and Sway Hair. She has also walked the runway for an impressive list of notable designers at New York Fashion Week, Lagos Fashion and Design Week and Arise MBFW. In the next few months, she will be launching a number of business and philanthropic initiatives.