There is nothing harder than buying a gift for your mother-in-law. First of all you have to understand that you can never impress her, no matter how you try so that should be the last thing on your mind when gift shopping for her. The only thing you should be concerned about is not looking like you are spending all of her son’s money on gifts (even if it’s for her) and not looking like a cheapskate at the same time. These are the perfect gifts you could get your mother-in-law.
- Perfume. Nothing too expensive like Channel No. 5 and nothing too cheap like Smart collection.
- New chinaware. Nigerian mothers can never have enough chinaware they never use. Get her chinaware that looks exactly like a set she already has and loves, even though you’ve always thought they were ugly.
- If you have kids, get her anything that’s connected to them. Arts and crafts by them, or a photo album filled with their pictures. She might think you are cheap but she can never insult it or act like she hates it.
- A spa trip. Maybe after a relaxing spa trip, she’ll stopped acting so worked up and stop lashing out at you all the time.
- Hook her up with a Netflix subscription, or Africa Magic. Netflix and chill is not the only function of the service. One of the reasons she’s over so often is because she’s bored. Give her a reason to sit in her house for hours on end.
- Her son. This is the ultimate gift for all mother-in-laws, you know the only thing they really want is the son you’ve stolen from them back. Make your husband go see his mother more, if he already doesn’t and if you have kids, make sure he goes with them. It’s a win-win situation for you, because that way, she doesn’t come to your house as often.