Dyeing your hair can be a big step for you, especially when you are not too adventurous. However getting your hair coloured is always fun and once you start it’s hard to stop, but getting it wrong can be heartbreaking so in other to avoid doing that, you should follow these steps.
- DIYs almost always go wrong, especially when you are making an extreme colour change. The best thing to do is to use a hair stylist who has a bit of experience with dyeing hair.
- Try on a wig in the colour you want before actually dyeing your natural hair to make sure you’ll love how the colour looks on you.
- Buy more than one box just in case one isn’t enough. Even if you don’t use it at once, you may need a retouch in future, if you decide to maintain that particular colour.
- Buy a shade lighter than the colour you want, especially when it’s your first dye job. The end result of your dye job never turns out the same way it looks on the box.
- Stock up on your conditioner. Dyeing your hair is damaging, no matter how many precautions you take, so make sure you keep it hydrated and moisturized right after dyeing.
- Always do a strand test, to make sure you’ve bought the right dye for your hair type.