Getting rid of your acne is one frustrating problem, getting rid of the scars left behind is another equally frustrating one. If you’ve been struggling with clearing up your acne scars, you should try these 5 tips.
- When you get a pimple, prevent it from scarring by not picking at it. Most acne scars are a result of your trying to pop your pimple. Instead of messing around with it, treat it with a fast acting acne product, like anything that contains salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or sulfur.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliating doesn’t just help with blackheads or whiteheads, it also helps you get rid of the scarred skin cells, which will help your skin regenerate new skin cells faster.
- Get a brightening product, notice I said brightening and not lightning? So please don’t buy bleaching products. A vitamin C serum is perfect for fading acne scars and brightening the skin.
- Use sunscreen while treating your acne scars, exposure to the sun might make the scars to become more pigmented.
- If your acne scars are depressed, it is advised to see a dermatologist instead of trying out self treatment products that might make your scarring worse.