Rainy season is finally upon us, and with hot the sweltering heat of the past month or so, we are beyond ready to welcome it.
But are you ready for the large pools of water you are going to wade through and the constant unexpected downpours? Well
let’s help you get ready.
- You need rain boots, because Lagos (and Nigerian) roads disappear once the rains start.
They actually make rather cute ones you can wear around without feeling like you look clumsy.
- You need darker clothes. If you are a commuter you are bound to get splashed on by cars on the road. Forget about the all white outfit you’ve been planning to use to kill them in the force, and bring out your darkest drabbest clothes from the back of your closet.
- Get this waterproof handbag for days you get caught in the rain.
- Invest in waterproof makeup, primers and setting sprays. So that your face remains laid even after getting out of a downpour. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray is the perfect setting spray to lock your makeup down.
- Get rain friendly shoes like jellies if you are not into rain boots, but save them for informal events.