Getting your contouring right can be quite a pain in the ass, and makeup artists keep coming up with different ways to supposedly make it easier for us. Well so far they haven’t had much luck with that.
Popular beauty YouTuber Huda Kattan, has come up with yet another contouring simplified technique that involves using cello tape to define the areas you want contoured. So we tried out tape contouring so you don’t have to (and you really don’t), and these are our thoughts on it.
- That’s just a waste of office supplies, you have to put tape on almost every part of your face according to tutorial video. And if you are overly blessed with body hair, taking out the tape is going to be a pain.
- It’s such a waste of time, once I start putting on my makeup to go anywhere, odds are that I’m already an hour late before I even start. So I then have to take out time that I don’t have cutting out pieces of cello tape and figuring out how to place them on the contours of my face.
- The tape doesn’t really make that much of a difference in your contouring. Maybe if you are completely clueless about contouring, it might help but we honestly don’t think so.
- A lot of the product gets under the tape, and MAC ain’t cheap b. Stretching out our products is already hard enough, we can’t be wasting it on tape contouring.
- I don’t know if it’s just us, but we found blending in the contour lines to be harder than usual, and we just don’t need that kind of stress in our lives.
So our TOS verdict on tape contouring is – totally not worth your time.
In case you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the tape contouring video below.