We ladies make such a fuss about stretch marks. Some of us spend thousands of Naira trying out one removal method or the other, and they usually never work. If you are one of the 0.1% of the female population who doesn’t have stretch marks, then you probably don’t need to read this article. If you are a part of the 99.9%, then we have some good and bad good news for you.
Let’s start with the bad news.
- Although there are products available to make your stretch marks less noticeable, the chances are those products can never get rid of them completely. So you should be weary of those products that promise to completely clear them up.
- Losing weight doesn’t help get rid of your stretch marks, so you can dump the diet now. Although eating healthy does help prevent them to some extent.
- There’s no fool proof way to prevent them from occurring completely. Even though you could reduce the odds by drinking tons of water, exercising and eating healthy.
And here’s the good news:
- You are not alone. Tons of women -and men- have stretch marks all over the world. In fact, the odds are that Beyoncé has stretch marks too, she just has a bomb ass makeup team.
- Nobody else cares about them, except you and a couple of haters. It’s just really not that big a deal. So the next time a bad belle points them out, tell them:
- If you have very noticeable stretch marks, there are actually a couple of products that help to reduce their appearance and make them less noticeable. Bio-Oil takes a couple of months to show any results, but it’s pretty good.