Buying jeans for us ladies is so much wahala. It’s either the hips fit perfectly and the waist does not, or the hips and waist fit perfectly but they are a little baggy around the thighs. As doubtful as it might seem, it is actually possible to find a perfect pair of jeans.
If you are tired of buying ill fitting jeans, try following these tips.
- Always try on your jeans in the changing room before paying for them. Your regular size 8 might be a particular brand’s size 10. No rule stops you from carrying more than one size to the changing room.
- If you had to buy only one pair of jeans for the rest of your life, buy dark wash jeans. Jeans in a dark wash look more flattering than those in a lighter wash. So when in doubt, get dark jeans, you can never go wrong with them.
- For guys, buy one size down for your length and one size up for your waist to get perfect slim fit jeans.
- Learn your specific statistics -hips, waist, length- and refer to the particular brand’s sizing charts to know what jeans will fit you perfectly. You can find the sizing charts of most brands online.
- Take your time when shopping, don’t be in a hurry to buy what you need and get out. If you hate shopping, you should probably go with a friend who loves to and won’t let you leave. We all have that one friend.