Fashion Africa Voices is coming to London this October during Black History Month.
Taylor was selected at the centre of this event because of her work in the industry this year. She will be sharing her experiences around her business which includes setting up in Ghana and working with local producers on her collections.
- How she set up and built a fashion label which she produces in Ghana
- How she brought a new aesthetic to wax print with a focus on producing quality ‘made in Africa’ garments for the international market
- How she successfully incorporated social and environmental responsibilities to the core of her garment production
- Why she believes paying fair wages, creating employment and making a meaningful difference within the Ghanaian community for her brand is key for business
- how she worked with buyers and retailers to sell her product on ASOS, The Vogue Talents Corner (Yoox) and Beams Japan.
- And all about how she managed to secure a collab with best selling author and broadcaster Afua Hirsch!
- All this and all her top tips for budding designers and creative entrepreneurs who are seeking a business with success and impact
It ties in with the organiser’s goal to promote Africa fashion business. Attendees will learn more about how to avoid the challenges and pitfalls of setting up business in Ghana and find out why Africa is the place to set up fashion business today.
These Fashion Africa Voices mini-talks are an opportunity for those who wish to delve deeper, ask those pressing questions they wish to be answered, as well as the chance to gain the specific industry business advice they need.
The event will also give attendees the opportunity to get:
- Up close and personal one-to-one interviews with a Q&A
- Open group discussions with attendees with advice from the guest influencers
- Updates on key Africa Fashion Guide events coming up such as our Fashion Africa Sourcing Trips with the chance to hear from delegates from F.A.S.T. Ghana and F.A.S.T. Kenya
- Networking with drinks and nibbles
Tickets will NOT be available on the day. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fashion-africa-voices-london-tickets-49245052277