The Emerge ALARA Awards is the brainchild of fashion and art haven, ALARA.
Established to select the most gifted in each discipline beginning with the Emerge ALÁRA – The Fashion Edition this year.
The most promising young designer and fashion media creative will be selected and offered the opportunity to present a retail collection and exhibition respectively, as well as receive mentorship from a carefully selected team of advisors.
The platform will also provide structured support to the young designers currently in partnership with ALÁRA who apply for its Fellowship Program.
Finalists will be selected based on talent, the originality of their concept, innovative techniques and craftsmanship. Judges decisions are final.
The Emerge ALARA Awards platform was established to showcase the most illustrious in Fashion, Art, Cuisine and Design this year.
The Fashion Design category and Fashion Media category winners of the Emerge ALARA Awards will be offered:
- An exclusive collection or exhibition to be financed and stocked at ALARA
- Mentorship from an internationally acclaimed advisory board
- Access to technical expertise and facilities
Application for this competition is completely FREE and open to Africans in the fields of Fashion Design (Apparel and Accessories), and Fashion Media (Photography and Filmmaking).
Please Note: Creatives should have produced at least 2 bodies of work, have a brand story that resonates with Africans and be between 18 and 30 years old.
Here’s how to apply:
- Go to the website: http://emerge.alaralagos.com
- Select your category from either Fashion Design and Fashion Media
- Click Apply
- Fill in the detailed online application
- Hit the “submit” button and wait to find out if you are shortlisted
If you are shortlisted, you will face a panel of judges who will pick one winner from each category
Application closes on Friday 17th of August.