Drinking the amount of water we need daily is harder than we think. On average, we are supposed to drink about three litres daily. Three litres might not sound like a lot, but I’m pretty sure you are not getting that much water in. I talked about all the beautiful things that happens to your body when you start drinking enough water yesterday, and these 6 ways would make it easier for you to gulp more.
- Buy a fancy water bottle, the kind that you’ll want to carry everywhere. Don’t get anything too bulky so that it fits into your bag or the cup holder in your car. If you are a guy, you can get something all shiny and chrome, looking to preserve your masculinity.
- Use a straw. There is something rather satisfying about using a straw to drink anything at all. Using a straw helps you consume more water, than you’ll have drank without one.
- Download this application – Water Drink Reminder. The app reminds you to drink water at different times daily, and also keeps track of your water drinking habits. It makes the most annoying sound, at odd hours of the day until you hit your daily goal.
- Eat a lot of water based fruits. Fruits like cucumber and watermelon have very high water content.
- Make it a game. Set weekly goals for yourself and give yourself a little treat, whenever you hit them.
- Dilute your drinks. I know it’s disgusting but you’ll get used to it eventually. Plus your sugar intake is way too high anyway.