Many factors influences the reason why some people are slimmer than others such as:-
- More calorie intake than needed. The body stores these excess calories as body fat, and over time the extra pounds add up. Eat fewer calories than the body burns, weight goes down.
2. Genes /Heredity plays a role but generally to a much lesser degree than many people might believe. Genes seem to increase the risk of weight gain and interact with other factor as unhealthy diets and inactive lifestyles. And healthy lifestyles can counteract these genetic effects.
3. Prenatal Influences/Early life influence: Parents who are overweight may have children who are more likely to grow up to be overweight adults.
4. Unhealthy Diets: Large meals high in refined grains, red meat, unhealthy fats, and sugary drinks—play one of the largest roles in one being overweight. Meal choices like whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and nuts—seem to help with weight control, and also help prevent chronic disease.
5. Too Much Television, Too Little Activity, and Too Little Sleep
6. Social Environment—Food and Physical Activity: The physical and social environment in which people live plays a huge role in the food and activity choices they make. Direct marketing of unhealthy foods and sugary drinks. Lack of safe areas for exercising. The junk food sold at school, at work, and at the store. Add it up, and it’s tough for individuals to make the healthy choices that are so important to a good quality of life and a healthy weight.
Been a little out of shape has become woven into the fabric of our society. To successfully disentangle them will take a conscious effort that gives individuals the skills to make healthier choices.