Going natural is stressful enough, and being asked silly questions like ‘Aunty so when you wan relax am’ by hairdressers, really doesn’t make it any easier. If you are about to go natural or a veteran naturalista, we’ve come up with the perfect retorts to every stupid statement or question that will get thrown your way from almost every single hairdresser you’ll meet on your natural hair journey.
- Aunty this your hair go be wahala o
Tell me something I don’t know
- Ah sister, you dey natural? This one go cost extra o
Hair is hair please
- Ah aunty all these products you bring come, you get money o.
Aunty, face your work please
- Aunty it’s like this your hair must be due o
Yes five years and counting
- Sister I don’t know how to handle this your own hair
So you no sabi your work?
- So which time you go come relax?
Yes honey I grew out my natural hair for three years just to relax it.
- Na just small relaxer I wan put, the hair go still dey natural.
Are you mad?
- I fit use this small comb e go enter the hair/e no go pain you.
You must be looking for my trouble